Assuredly, at some phase, we all encounter ups and downs. But the mania (steep climbs ) and depression (sudden plunges ) of bipolar disorder, also known as a bipolar affective disorder or manic-depressive illness, can lead to risky conditions.
Based on the reports by Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance (DBSA), this common but severe mental illness affects around 6 million women and men in the U.S. This can be dangerous and harrowing for people around them. Hence, it is vital to encourage them to reach the Best Rehabilitation Centre In India for treatment.
Let’s learn what this disorder is, its types, and its symptoms.
What is Bipolar Disorder?
As the name suggests, bipolar disorder is distinguished by polar opposite mood swings. For instance, at one point, you will feel like you can win anything; but at another, you can hardly get out of bed. It affects up to 5.7 million adults and impacts both men and women equally, usually between ages 15-25 (can also start in early childhood or as late as the 40s-50s). Indeed, such years of anyone’s life are notably emotional ones— as it involves college, first loves, new careers! You put in some energy levels, and things just got more complex. Well, it is difficult to plan your schedule or navigate your life when you don’t know which “you” you’re becoming that day.
It is necessary to understand that bipolar illness, like many other mental disorders, is hereditary and does run in families, implying that one or more family members can have bipolar disorder.
Symptoms of Bipolar Disorder
The warning symptoms of bipolar disorder can make it challenging to deal with day-to-day life. It even affects your relationships and work. The various types of symptoms that show if you need to visit the Best Rehab Centre in India:
- Feeling pleased or enthusiastic, even if things aren’t working good for you,
- Not able to sleep, or don’t want to sleep,
- Talking too much,
- Being more moody than usual,
- Jumping swiftly from one idea to another,
- Rushing thoughts,
- Make big decisions without giving them a thought
- Sometimes have many new and exciting ideas,
- Hearing sounds that others can’t hear,
- Feeling good about yourself than usual,
- Gets distracted quickly and try hard to focus on one topic,
- Aiming for more than you actually can,
- Doing things that can cause problems. like:
Wasting a lot of money,
Doing drugs or alcohol,
Go for casual sex with different people,
Making stupid decisions
- Dull mood,
- Being less interested in hobbies,
- Seeming negative or hopeless
- Feeling worthless, guilty, or helpless,
- Sensing irritable or restless,
- Feeling more limited energy or tired,
- Overeating or eating less
- Trouble focusing, learning or decision-making,
- No sleep or too much sleep
- Gaining or losing weight
- Suicide attempts (thoughts of death)
Reach Professionals for Help
Are you or a loved one already struggling with the symptoms of bipolar disorder? Reach us at Ankur Rehab Centre, a credible Nasha Mukti Kendra in Indore, today. Our trained medical professionals will diagnose the condition and will offer the proper treatment. We proffer individualized treatment to help one get symptoms under control and live a perfect, pleasant life.
Give us a call on +91-9893765543, +91-9109775299!